In a recent blog post, I talked about the reasons I created the new SLO Contact Manager. This week I want to tell you why I believe it's the perfect solution for any small business owner who needs to organise and reach out to everyone they know ...
There are many Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools out there and although they look good on the surface, they tend to baffle users who aren't that technically minded until they get to a point they don't want to use it anymore.
In that case, they have so many functions, features, extensions and integrations that you'll probably use around 25% of what they have to offer. In addition, many free and low costs versions are very restricted in what they can do, even to the point of being unable to export your data should you choose to leave.
Small business owners need something designed by a small business owner, for small business owners. And that's where the new SLO Contact Manager comes in. It was designed by me to do what I needed and not have any of the fluff that I wasn't going to use. To coin a phrase, "It does exactly what it says on the tin" and allows any small business owner to organise and reach out to everyone they know.
Why would you want to do that? Well, because your database (your contact list) is the most valuable asset in your business. If you knew when you last spoke to someone, or you knew when you need to speak to someone again, wouldn't that be useful?
Here are some of the main features:
- Easily organise your clients in up to 16 customisable sections
- Reach out to them regularly using the many built-in email, SMS, telephone and social media connectors
- Quickly make a referral by finding the right contact and passing their details on
- Promote new products and services by selecting the people from your database that you know may be interested in and sending them a personalised email rather than using a bulk mailer
- Everyone looks at a text message notifications when it pops up on their phone, so check-in with contacts before meetings, say thank you afterwards, or simply say hello from time to time
- Tag who you want to talk to so they're at the top of the list, and each time you call someone, quickly add dated notes for the call then big them up on social media afterwards as a thank you
- And lastly, rename the major columns so they're relevant for you and sort on any of them so you have the right contacts at the top of the list when you need them
There are so many useful features baked into the new SLO Contact Manager and I believe they're everything a small business owner needs, but without the fluff of the major CRM systems you'll never use.
It'll be a limited release so this isn't open to everyone, just a certain few for now so we can manage the rollout. In addition, you'll have 24-hours to play around with it before you need to set up your £9.99 per month subscription. You'll know if you like it within a day then you can subscribe and just leave it open in a browser tab to use whenever you need to reach out.
And the best thing? I'm the developer, so if you need some help, just get in touch!
If you're interested in blogging for your business, do call us on 0333 335 0420 or leave a comment below and let's see how we can help you.